- This event has passed.
Virtual 2020 Annual Gala
September 5, 2020 - September 12, 2020
Join us for a week of fun, educational virtual programs, and events from September 5-12 that celebrate America’s rich industrial past, present and future. NMIH will be honoring PPL with the second annual Spirit of Innovation Award in recognition of its 100-year history of innovation, longstanding commitment to the community and generous support of the Museum’s mission.
All proceeds support the Museum’s exhibits, S.T.E.A.M. Education initiatives, and the ongoing care and preservation of its vast artifact and archival collections.
- • Luxury Raffle including jewelry, fine spirits & more
- • Online auction featuring industrial art, gifts, one-of-a-kind experiences & more
- • Virtual Lecture – Tesla: Inventor of the Electrical Age with author and historian W. Bernard Carlson, Chair, Department of Engineering and Society, University of Virginia
- • Virtual Lecture – Prohibition in the Industrial Age with author, public historian and Washington, DC tour guide Garrett Peck
- • Virtual Mixology Lessons with North American Whiskey Ambassador Sam Beedle and County Seat Spirits – Lehigh Valley’s first state licensed and federally permitted distillery since prohibition.
- • Innovation Station: Electricity – a new video feature from the National Museum of Industrial History hosted by our curatorial team that explores the history of household products and how they became staples in homes across the world.
- • Youth Activities including activity pages, games & more
For over 100 years, PPL has consistently found new and innovative ways to deliver energy. Celebrating its centennial year, PPL’s commitment to their customers combined with their ability to adapt to changing market conditions and customer needs has allowed them to continually evolve to help power economic growth and communities that thrive.PPL goes beyond its core business by supporting innovative education programs, helping to revitalize neighborhoods and fostering the development of the future workforce. Their commitment to the environment, philanthropic contributions and the dedicated volunteerism of PPL employees significantly impacts our Greater Lehigh Valley community.